Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy To Be "Home"

Ok, so we are not home but it is the closest thing to it.  We are settled in and trying to find our groove.  But if I am being totally honest, I am not feeling very groovy.  David returned home yesterday after we got things unloaded here.  No reason for both of us to be sitting around until our follow up appointment.  Speaking of the appointment, it is later than we were anticipating...we will not be going for our follow up until the end of next week.  This is mainly due to the chest tubes being removed a little later than normal and the sutures not ready to be taken out.  Just a little delay, right?  I am trying to pump myself up, can you tell?  I also talked with Miller's dad and we will not be getting Miller this weekend.  Miller's little sister is having her birthday party this weekend and this is her first birthday so he will stay there for the weekend.  If my plans work out, David and I will get to see him some on Sunday.  We are very thankful for how cooperative Miller's Dad and his Lala have been, I haven't had to worry about who is picking him up or where he is staying.  I miss him something terrible but he probably isn't missing me too much :-)  As for Steven, well sweet mess is starting to be more himself everyday.  There are times through out the night and day where I am not sure what is wrong.  Is it surgery related or is it typical 3 month old related???  Then there is the medicine again.  Oh how I despise thee!  I have reset all alarms and doing my best to wake up, I am trying to alter them as well so that I am not giving him dosages at 12 and 1 am.  I hope that when we go for his follow up we will see some improvement in his blood pressure.  Through out the entire stay his blood pressure was in the 80's only once.  It was in the 90's some but seem to stay between 100-115 most of the time.  I am praying that the hypertension will be corrected with the medication and hopefully soon even that will not be needed.  I don't mind giving it to him but I am just concerned about the amount that we are giving him.  There is nothing worse than when your baby has something that you cannot check to make sure things are good.  If he had a fever, I would give him some Tylenol and check his temp.  I do not have a blood pressure machine for a child, although I did keep his cute little bp cuff!  But I have to share that I am so very sad that I was not camera ready earlier today.  While I was feeding him, he had a little gas.  Well, Dad and I got so tickled that we were laughing pretty hard and sweet mess busted out with this huge smile.  All open mouth and squinty eyes..it was the biggest smile I have ever seen from him.  I was hoping for a giggle but we will take that smile.  It was as if he was excited that he made us laugh.  I think we might have a comedian on our hands.  Well little comedian is starting to stir and I am not ready for the night.  So off to bottles and meds I go!  I hope you all have a great Thursday, the weekend is right around the corner!  Umm, tomorrow is Thursday, right?  haha!

1 comment:

  1. God is so good all the time! what awesome news. this time will fly by and you will all be back home together. sounds like sweet mess is healing just fine. well, with the Great Physician as his doctor how could he not. :) so happy things are moving forward for you all.

    ReplyDelete