Sunday, September 18, 2011

What to write about???

I have so many things on my mind but my eyes are not wanting to stay open.  As many of you know, I have a lazy eye and when I get tired it doesn't exactly open.  Well I am scared if I do not get some sleep that eye might go on strike!  haha!  But I do want to update you on a couple of things.  We told Miller bye this morning, so we survived the first step of our emotional week.  We had a great morning with him, church, breakfast and little silly time before I dropped him off to his dad.  Again, all I can say about it is that we survived.  Not easy but I am thankful that we had such a great weekend with him.  By the way, Lion King 3-D gets two thumbs up from each of us.   We arrived in Houston and although we forgot some things at home, the contact that would help me keep the lazy eye open, we didn't leave anything of importance!  We are all settled into the hotel for the week.  I am starting to think that I am crazy or paranoid, but I have checked Steven's forehead a million times today because I feel like he is warm.  I think it has more to do with me not putting him down so he is warm from being in my arms!   But that has not stopped me from praying several times today that he stay feverless.  Tomorrow Steven will have all of his pre-op screens, scans and labs done and he will be admitted tomorrow afternoon.  That will be emotional step 2 for us.  

I know that we are being showered in prayer by so many and I cannot thank you enough.  We are so touched by all of our family and friends who have reached out to us via email, text, facebook or phone calls to let us know that we are in your thoughts and prayers.  It means so much that you have gone out of your way to contact us.  Thank you thank you thank you!

Well I think my "good" eye is also starting to close so until tomorrow.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and that everyone has a great Monday.

Oh and in case you were wondering, we are just as big of fans of the Saints as we are of the Tigers! 

3 comments:

  1. Be STRONG honey, and know that he is in God's hands. All of you are, you will be as strong as he needs you to be. Just know that we are all praying for you and the whole family. Your mom, has all of our support at school and she carries that with her to you. Take care, and God Bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord please give the surgeons the skill they need to make Steven healthy. Be with his parents, brother and family and give them peace. I pray that Steven makes a speedy recovery and grows into a Godly man who dies good work for your kingdom. I ask these things in your holy name, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A promise from God is that He will never put more on you that He won't give you the strength to get thru it. So draw strength from Him! If He brings you to it He will bring you thru it! There is a reason for everything. You are going to be stronger person for it and be able to help others in your shoes.
    I pray for Steven's strength and endurance for tomorrow and all his tests get taken so procedures can get under way Tuesday. Lord, I pray right now that you prepare little Steven's body for this surgery and guide the surgeons hands to perform the task to make him a healthy baby. Be with Mel and her husband and family as they walk this journey that is so hard to watch and wait this precious little baby going into heart surgery. It is very scary and I pray for comfort and peace in their hearts. I love you Lord and Praise your Holy name You Lord are our Great Physician. Heal this little baby to complete health. I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete