Saturday, September 3, 2011

Appointment Time and Game Time!

Late yesterday afternoon, I finally received a phone call from the "nice lady" and we will be meeting with Dr. Fraser on Tuesday afternoon at 4.  I am so thankful that we will be seeing him.  We will know if Steven has a double aortic arch (DAA) and I do not plan on leaving until we have a course of action.  As I mentioned in previous post, Steven is not eating well or gaining weight.  From what I have read, he should be eating 2.5 ounces per pounds per day.  We are not near that.  On average Steven will eat 16 ounces a day and I could do cartwheels at 18, but that is far off from the 22 he should be consuming.  That really is the most difficult thing for us.  Should I be feeding him cereal?  If he has the DAA generally "solid" foods are a little more difficult to swallow.  He is the 13 percentile for his weight, I mean really, if you know David and me that is just wrong.  I keep saying that he is the kicker on the football team and our sweet nephew Brandt is the linebacker.  I want the little sweet mess to be HUNGRY and
 to get MAD when he finishes his bottle because he wants more.  Hopefully soon!

Speaking of football teams, do you know what today is???  Kickoff for Game Day, SEC football and of course the first LSU game of the season, hello college football.  Are we excited???  You cannot imagine!  How about the TCU vs Baylor game last night?  Go Bears, Sorry Frogs!  It was a great game and it certainly got us excited for the new season of College Football.  It is our favorite time of year.  Since we are dealing with some rain, David is worried about how he can continue with his menu for the day.  Boiling crabs in the rain is not what he was hoping for.  Fingers crossed that the weather will lighten up.  Well, I hope that everyone has a great weekend and that your favorite team wins, unless of course your favorite team is Oregon!  Geaux Tigers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melanie hope your/David's cooking goes well and Geaux Tigers. As for Steven, prayers continue to go your way. He is a precious angel,and he will be well soon. Have a great weekend and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete