Monday, September 19, 2011

Poked & Prodded, Just What The Doctor Ordered

We made it through pre-op and someone is resting nicely.  Two of us are not resting so nicely, ha!  It was a long day, which seems silly to say considering what tomorrow brings.  Sweet mess was such a sweet boy today, just ask the ladies aka hospital staff.  He has been a little flirt today, everyone had a little piece of smile time today.  I have never seen him like this.  I think if we lived around here we could have some babysitters.  I am being silly but it was pretty funny to watch him show his dimples all day.  Now, don't get me wrong, his lungs got plenty of exercise today too.   The lab work and the IV needle did not go to well.  But he survived and should only have a few bruises to show for it.  Once we were admitted into a room we had some visitors.  In case you do not know I have some of the most incredible best friends a girl could have.   Raveena and Lauri both came by this evening and will be here for us tomorrow.  Yep, two friends from high school and we are still always there for each other.  I am so very fortunate that they are my friends, love you both!!!!  Our parents also arrived tonight and we spent a little time with them.  We are all very anxious and ready for this to be over with.  Tomorrow will be the big day.  We are not sure of our surgery time and that is the only thing that I am not too pleased about.  We spent the morning meeting several people and all were so kind and informative.   However, nobody was able to tell us what time the surgery will be.  When we were scheduled we were told that it would be a later start time than normal.  I think that everyone forgot that.  It really isn't that big of a deal except that Steven's feedings are cut off at midnight which seems a little long if we are not having surgery until noon.  I have questioned everyone and each time they tell me someone else is going to let us know.  Considering it is almost 11 pm, I guess we will not be told tonight.  Speaking of the time...I think it is time I get ready for bed and see if I can try to get some sleep.  Not likely, but I am going to give it a try.  Thank you all for your continued prayers, emails, texts and phone calls.  I will try my best to blog tomorrow as the updates come in.  Thank you for reading, until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment