Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Cone...I Really Do Not Like The Cone!

So we are in the cone for tropical depression #13.  I also feel like we are still in the cone with TX Children's.   When we left on Monday, we were told to come back on Tuesday for the CT Scan and that Dr. Fraser would be in surgery that day but he would meet with us that afternoon.  They told us to expect a phone call from his office for our appointment time.  Well as of today, no phone call.  I decided to call the nice lady that had called me last week, of course I only have her number so I didn't have much of a choice.  However when I spoke to her she mentioned that she doesn't really know what is going on and that she would email Dr. Fraser's secretary to see if Tuesday was an option to meet with him.  She also mentioned that although the notes said that Steven needed surgery in the near future that doesn't mean right now.  So....here we are and I feel like it is the cone.  The worst part is that we have a baby that isn't gaining weight.  I mean, what are we supposed to do?  Needless to say, I am praying that the nice lady I spoke with just really doesn't know...I guess we will see come Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mel u feel for you. It is so hard to play the waiting game when you have a sick baby that needs help. I will keep praying that God will speed them along and heal little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting is very challenging. I can not even imagine! Praying you will hear back from the nice lady and will have an appt set up for Dr Frazier on Tues. Trust the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. The Lord is in control sweetie. Praying for complete healing in Jesus' name. :)

    ReplyDelete