Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting ready to breakout of this joint!

Tomorrow is our lucky day!  We will be busting out of here sometime tomorrow.  I have to tell you I am not going to miss this place.  Everyone has been wonderful, well almost everyone but our next temporary home is much better.  Steven and I will be staying at my parents house in Katy until our follow up visit.  We are not sure when that visit will be and will not find out until the morning but staying at Dad's sure beats staying here. David will go back sometime tomorrow and then come back with Miller for the weekend.  I long to be a family again and all sleep under the same roof, this is just hard.  I am not cut out to be away from my family.  I have a new appreciation for military families, not that I didn't before but just being away from Miller is enough to make me terribly sad.  This week it will be both Miller and David.  Yucky!  It is just a reminder for us to appreciate what we have and that we will be together soon, compared to some in this hospital who will not be home for long time.  My heart is very heavy for others that are here.  A young 16 year old who had a transplant at 2 and now it is starting to fail.  They are reviewing their options to see what else can be done, possibly even the mechanical / artificial heart.  Can you imagine how his sweet mom must feel?  I cannot and yet she continued to check on us because he was worried about the "baby" and how Steven was doing.  Really?  What a thoughtful and kind young man that his mom is and deserves to be very proud of.  I also realize that as we are leaving others are just starting this adventure of surgery and recovery.  Please pray for them all.  I do not think that I will ever say another prayer that doesn't include the 18th and 15th floors of this hospital!  It is the best way to help them, but I am sure that I will not stop at the prayers.  I will participate in itsmyheart.org walks and volunteer if I can, I will see if we can cook and serve food to the families on the 17th waiting area, and I will continue to drop change in RMH coin slots.  I am sure there will be other ways and I will try.  My heart is full and heavy all at the same time.  What an experience...

On a side note, does anyone else want to know how you put a baby who has had open heart surgery in a car seat???  The exact same way that you did before he had open heart surgery.  Yep, it makes sense when it is coming from someone in scrubs!  You allow the car seat to do the job to protect the child.  If something bad happens, the chest area can be "repaired" so you never take the risk that something else could go wrong.  Told you it makes sense!

Lastly, I want everyone to know that Miller loves hotels.  No need to take him anywhere just bring him to a hotel.  He thought he was king!   Of course, we did kind of treat him like one.  He also loves Vanilla Bean Fraps from Starbucks, my sunshine gets that from me!  We had a wonderful but brief time with him.  I hated to see him leave, hopefully the week will fly by!

I know that I am posting two of the "same" pictures but this is my future...I hope that when Steven is 5, I can get a picture of everyone looking at the camera and smiling.  And no "fake" smiles!



But now this is a REAL smile...he must be smiling because we are going home tomorrow and McNeese, LSU and the Saints won this weekend!  Did you really think I could get through the post without mentioning football???



2 comments:

  1. what a precious family and what a precious smile. i love that lil dimple! :) so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord on high! He is so sweet! Steven looks like a healthy and happy little man!

    ReplyDelete