Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Long Time No Blog

What can I say, I am a bad blogger!  I can't remember the last blog that I wrote so I am just giving a quick update of what has been going on.  Well it might not be quick, it might be long winded but here goes...

Since Miller was not able to come see us this weekend David and I had a little date on Saturday night while Mom and Dad watched Steven.  It was a really nice night out.  It was my first time out of the house since Tuesday, a bad case of cabin fever was starting to set in.  Date night came just in time before I began to climb the walls!  As thankful as I am to have the house here in Katy, it is just not home.

Once Sunday rolled around David and I loaded up and headed east.  Mom stayed Sunday and Monday night here in Katy so that David and I could both go home for a couple of days.  We drove straight in to pick up Miller (side note: I am pretty sure he grew a foot in a week) who was possibly as excited to see us as we were to see him.  He was such a sweet boy and asked about brother and when we were all going to be home.  He words to God's ears!  I cannot wait to have our family under one roof.  I cried leaving Steven on Sunday morning and then cried driving out of the school parking lot after dropping Miller off on Monday morning.  Emotional roller coaster that we have called life for a couple of weeks hopefully will come to an end on Friday.  When I start to have my pity parties, which seem to be a little too many recently, I just think about the other kids who cannot even go to a temporary home and reprimand myself.  Yes, at times I can hold a pretty good conversation with myself :-)!  See mention of cabin fever above, haha!

Now let me tell you about another reason that I should be ashamed of my pity parties...Sweet Mess is eating and eating and eating!  I am scared that when we go for his post op check up that he is going to weigh in at 15lbs!  I am joking, sorta...he is eating cereal and guzzling down some 5oz bottles like he might not be able to eat tomorrow.  Maybe he is scared that his repair patch is only good for two weeks or so.  David and I are so happy to see him eat like he cannot get enough.  I hope there is no limit to the amount he should gain in the 2 weeks post surgery.  But I am just thankful that he will be the only one on a scale because I have been eating like I am on a vacation.  Such is life when living with a parent again.  Dad has spoiled me rotten.  Let me be clear before Wesley or Brian chime in, I have always been spoiled rotten as I am the baby and the only girl.  We were all spoiled but maybe I have been just a little more than my wonderful older brothers. 

Speaking of my brothers, it brings me to something I just need to mention.  David and I are so thankful for our family.  Our brothers, our parents, our grandparents, our aunts and uncles, our cousins and our friends that we consider family are the greatest and kindest people in the world.  I know that we might not see or talk to you all the time but it has been wonderful to see and/or hear from you all through out this ordeal.  Each and everyone of you have helped us through this rough time in your own way.  It is not without notice and we will never be able to thank you enough.  Some might say, this is when you find out who the "true" friends / family are....make no mistake we have and we know who cares about Steven, Miller, David, and myself.  THANK YOU!

So I guess I need to wrap this up because I am sure that I have put many of you to sleep...thanks again for reading, praying, keeping up with us during our adventure and not mentioning the numerous misspelled words, use of words or all out grammatical sins that I commit! 

Wait, cannot forget the Sports Wrap....in case you didn't know, LSU is 5-0, Saints are 3-1 and so are the Texans (since they have played and lost to the Saints, I can cheer for them again)!  For all of those who are Dallas Cowboy fans, well I am sorry...sorta, haha!  And how about the Texas Rangers moving on to the ALCS, who will join them????

1 comment:

  1. sounds like God has answered all our prayers and your little sweet mess is recovering quiet nicely! what an awesome God we serve...the Great Physician. i'm so happy for you and your family. you'll be home soon and fall into a normal routine. keep those pics coming of the boys so we can watch them grow. love you and you'll be a stronger person because of all of this.

    ReplyDelete