Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

What a weekend!  I have not been feeling well, in fact I think I must have swallowed some shards of glass.  Nothing like trying not to love on a sweet baby boy for an entire weekend.  I think I have been successful and I am pretty sure what I have is allergy related.  But I hate thinking that I am exposing him to something.  I do not want to make a trip to any doctor that is not for follow up reasons!!!!  We did have an appointment this week with the pediatrician and it went well.  Little man is quickly becoming a sack of tators!  He is over 12lbs.  While we were there, I asked them to check his blood pressure and it was in the upper 90's.  I was pleased with that at least we are seeing some improvement.  The good thing is that she wrote out an order for me to drop in this week to have it checked again whenever it is convenient.  I am so thankful for that, I have no way of checking on my own so to be able to go whenever is great.  This week we also have an appointment with our cardiologist here.  I will be so grateful to walk through those doors.  It will feel like home.  TCH is an incredible hospital with many great physicians and nurses but I like to see the same people every time I go.  We get that here.  Same doctors, same staff and I like it!  This should just be a routine visit, echo, ekg and maybe x-rays just for him to see where we are. 

Steven has been doing really well.  He shows very few signs of discomfort unless he has a attack of the hiccups!  Sweet mess is not a fan of them and he gets them all the time.  It is such a pitiful cry too.  He occasionally is fussy but who knows if that is due to his chest being in pain or just because he is a baby.  But those times are pretty rare and a bottle usually fixes it so we are good. 

Miller has been such a character lately.  Very independent and very funny.  He has no clue about his humor most of the time and that is fine by me.  The things that come out of his mouth.  He still has a mild case of Last Word Syndrome but it is getting better.  His first report card should be coming home soon as the end of the first 9 weeks was this past week so hopefully we will be busting out the I Am Special plate.  I have had it for years but always forget about it.  I really hope to dust it off this week.  Ok, yes I will do more than just dust it, I will wash it.  I also hope to be sharing some pictures this week of a scarecrow made by Miller and David.  It was supposed to be a weekend project but it didn't happen.  Fingers crossed that it will be a week day project!

I wish I had a picture from Friday night.  After David got home and showered  he put on a camo tshirt.  Well within 5 minutes Miller was putting on his camo shirt because he loves to be like David.  While I was busy searching Pinterest, the most addictive website ever, they were in the living room playing Big Buck Hunter.  I kept thinking it is good that they are not up in a blind somewhere because Miller does not have it in him to stay quiet. I think Miller will need many lessons before he is ever allowed to hunt, but he sure knows how to dress for the occasion!  Saturday afternoon was a first in our house.  Miller walked outside with a football and wanted David to play.  I was shocked.  Miller usually dislikes the game, he will ask which team you are pulling for just so he can pull for the opposite one.  Anyway, they tossed that ball back and forth for a good long time.  Again, it was a great moment that I wish I had my camera for.  Of course David was worried that Miller might be bruised up since he catches with his arms instead of his hands!!!  This morning he looked all good but who knows I might get a phone call tomorrow, haha!  As for today, we just watched football.  Very little of anything else.  No camera moments missed today.

Well let me get this wrapped up....LSU TIGERS ARE #1 in the BCS standings!!!!  WOOHOO!!!  Sadly, the Saints did not improve their record today as they lost to the Bucs...that hurts!!!   The Texans also lost another one and well sorry Cowboy fans, you also add another number to the loss column. 
On a happier note, it is nice to see the Rangers back to another World Series!!!  Hopefully this is their year!

Sorry this was so long, anyway here are some pics of the sweet mess and just to let you know, I do have pics of Miller but they include his friends and I am not sure how those friends parents would feel about me posting them. 



1 comment:

  1. i just love that sweet mess smile! he is so adorable and is he ever growing! precious precious! thank you Lord for answered prayers! so happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete