Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Family of Four!

I-10 East bound never felt so good as it did yesterday.  It was a long day but we did get the clear to come home.  Sorta!  The nurse practitioner said that we could go home but there is still a concern about the sweet mess and his blood pressure!  Obviously if she felt that it wasn't a good idea for him to come home then we wouldn't have but since we do have a cardiologist here she gave the green light.  So, that leads me to his blood pressure...on the 4th attempt the machine had a successful reading.  Sweet mess is no longer a fan of the blood pressure cuff, not sure if he ever was a fan.  He screamed and he cried and that machine was just on shut down.  The reading was 117 / 76...not too good but there is a good chance it was not accurate because of how upset he was.  Poor baby is on a pretty hefty dose of bp medicine and it saddens me that it might not be working.  We will address it again at our next TCH cardiologist appointment on the 24th.  My prayers are that our gracious God continues to heal our sweet mess. 

As I drove home yesterday I think I had an emotional release and unfortunately I do not think it has ended.  I am not sure why I am so emotional NOW!?!?!  I pulled into the driveway and the tears started:  happy to be home, happy to see David and Miller, sad that I was so exhausted, and worried about his overall health.  Do we need to go back and start the other appointments that we canceled because the heart was a priority?  Mentally drained.  I woke up this morning and I still had the same feelings.  I think a good night and day of sleep should help. 

Of course there was no sleeping today....HOW ABOUT THOSE TIGERS????  I need a new hobby, huh?  :-)  Does baseball count?  I love me some October baseball.  I am pulling for the Rangers all the way, while it is under a rain delay let me go back to college football.  My sympathy goes out to all the UT fans, just think it could be worse - be thankful it is not them joining the SEC because then the wins might not be in the forseeable future!  I do not think that there are many A&M fans looking forward to their new schedule.  Well we are back from the rain delay so until next time.  Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment