Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Am Special Plate, Will Be Used!! :-)

I must start off with some thank you's!  I received so many responses from my last update and I needed them.  There will never be enough times that I say, what a wonderful support group we have and how very blessed we are.  I pray that you never know what it feels like to need hundreds of prayers and well wishes for a long duration but when you are in that position like we are, it is an incredible feeling to know that you are receiving them.  THANK YOU!!!!

We are extremely concerned about the possibility of Steven having kidney issues.  His blood pressure was 112 over 66 yesterday and although it was certainly lower than the day before it was not as low as we were hoping.  It was exactly 3 hours from the new medicine and 30 minutes after his regular one so it was "prime time" and even then it was still high.  Now, I am a bright side of things kinda girl and it is lower and after a couple of doses of the new mixed with the regular one, hopefully it will continue a downward trend.  Dr.K was hoping not to have to put him on the medicine but his blood work showed some high levels of different things and it was necessary.  One of the things was his potassium level and what is crazy about it being high, the potassium should be LOW as a result of his Lasek.  Dr. K notified TCH and hopefully when we get there on Monday they will have us someone to consult with.  I have all the confidence in Dr. K and whatever he says we need to do we will listen and do.  Please pray that we will have someone to consult with about the kidneys and that no lasting damage has taken place and that the bp will continue to go down. 

On to some great news, The Kindergartner made all A's his first 9 weeks!!!!  That little boy has given us something to smile about.  The I am special plate is going to be getting used!!  We are very proud of Miller for doing so well in school with the disruptions to his schedule.  I pray that he continues to keep up the good work and continue to learn and enjoy it!

To close this today, I am going to ask that you all pray for a little girl named Quinn.  She had surgery at TCH the week after Sweet Mess.  From reading her mom's blog Quinn's recovery has not been as comfortable as Steven's has.  She is currently in surgery again to repair a leak to the patch, which has caused some other problems.  She has been in constant discomfort since her surgery and her personality has not quite returned.  I really cannot imagine what her parents must be going through.  Steven started showing signs of himself before we left the hospital and only continued to be "him" more and more everyday.  But to not see all of him return would just devastate me.  Quinn is older and so I can only imagine that it is even more difficult for her parents.  I am praying that the surgery is successful and her personality starts to return as the discomfort begins to fade.  

But let me not forget....Geaux LSU!!! 

1 comment:

  1. woohoo good job miller!!!! still praying for complete healing for steven. will also ask the Lord to place his healing hands on quinn. the children our precious in His sight.

    ReplyDelete