Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Little About This & A Little About That!

First thing, someone slept the entire night!!!!  Any guesses?  Sweet Mess did not wake up until 4:45.  Do you know how happy I was that it was on my shift?  I hope he sleeps the same way for his daddy tonight.  He was sleeping all night before surgery but he would awake around 4 in the morning and I was ok with that.  However after surgery, he was waking up at 3 every night/morning.  We really cannot cannot complain, he has never been one to wake up several times a night.  But it is still nice to think that maybe we are working toward a more normal sleep pattern!!!  Happy Dance!

Stop the dance, I was served papers yesterday for a civil suit by our neighbor.  Yep, I am a defendant.  Those are words that I never expected to type/speak! Luckily she has included my insurance company so I will not be going alone to SWLA's version of Judge Judy!  It all started after the first of the year when she told David that our tree was dead.  Well on Superbowl Sunday, (does it surprise you that I know the date by a sporting event) a storm blew threw and it blew a branch in her greenhouse.  Needless to say, after she caught me off guard and I told her who my insurance was with, she filed a claim.  Who knew that someone else can file a claim without telling you?  Note to self, never tell who your company is because they can.  While the insurance company and her son negotiated back and forth we had the tree cut down.  Note to self, budget more than $1500 for a tree to be cut down...closer to $3000, you can thank me later :-)  While the tree was being cut, Ms. Not So Nice asked the tree cutters for the branches for firewood.  I would have never agreed to this because we paid to CUT and HAUL, instead they dropped into her yard so that she can have firewood.  In the meantime the insurance company made her an offer and she said no and they said...DENIED!  And now I am heading to Judge Judy.  There are several more humorous details to this...she was planning on selling the plants to offset income and now she claims that they were plants from loved ones funerals, she also claims that when she asked the tree cutters for the branches that she said it was for firewood but all along it was to prove that the tree was rotten, if this was true does she really need an entire carport full of rotten firewood???...and I could keep going on but my opinion it was an act of God and she is looking for some extra Christmas cash.  I am looking to see the cost of running the privacy fence all the way to the road :-)  As I am making light of this, I really just do not have the time to deal with her!!!!  But I guess I am so stayed tuned!

I am hoping to take Steven to get his bp checked tomorrow but it will all depend on Miller.  He is at his Dad's for tonight and he said that he wasn't feeling well today.  This is not good news!  I feel like I still have a few shards of glass in my throat and to hear that he might be falling sick too really worries me.  I am hoping that it is all just due to the weather.  A momma can dream.  However if he is feeling bad tomorrow, then I will try and get both of them into to the Dr's office.  I am praying that in the morning he is feeling much better.  We are a man short in the office currently and we were another person short today and most likely will be for the next couple of days so I really cannot afford to be out. 

Speaking of being short a person, please pray for my boss as her dad is not doing well and is not expected to be with us much longer.  He fell about a month ago and his hip broke.  Sadly, his recovery is not what was expected.  She has "taken" care of her daddy for years and this has really hit her hard.  My heart is very heavy for her tonight. 

Well I think that is about it for today.  Hope that you all have a great hump day tomorrow and enjoy this FREEZING weather.  I am never a huge fan of the cold so I have to be dramatic about the current temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment