Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts!

To say that I am a little excited for tomorrow is a huge understatement.  I would be doing cartwheels to express my excitement but the fear of broken bones is holding me back.  Tomorrow is the day that we go back for post op and then we are heading home.  So please everyone be extra careful on the road tomorrow I do not want to be delayed due to any wrecks I-10 East bound!  Thanking you in advance :-)  Our appointment should be a relatively quick one from what I was told.  Hopefully sutures will come out with little discomfort but I plan on giving him a shot of ibuprofen before the appointment.  I am extremely anxious to find out how much the sweet mess is weighing these days.  Every 4 hours he must have 5 ounces or it is temper tantrum with tears.  Music to my ears!!!  I hope his blood pressure is also in check...I am praying that it is, as that is my one real concern.  I long for the day that the alarm on my cell phone is not going off for his medication schedule and I know that it will but right now I just want to make sure the medication is working.  After tomorrow we will have one other follow up appointment at TCH and then fingers crossed we can return to our cardiologist back home. 

Another important event taking place tomorrow is a fundraiser in the SWLA area for the American Heart Association.  I am so upset that we will not be in town at lunch time but for any of my SWLA people reading this, OCharley's is donating a portion of tomorrows lunch proceeds to the AHA servicing the Lake Area.  A former KPLC employee's son was born with the same congenital heart defect as Steven and her son also had to have surgery at 3 months, while her and husband were going thru their "adventure" they decided that when everything settled down that they were going to get involved and bring awareness to AHA and this is one of the events they are participating in.  So if you do not have any lunch plans tomorrow I suggest OCharley's, take out counts too.  You can check out the KPLC website (Sunrise section) and locate the video for more information.

I also wanted to mention that I didn't mean to offend any Cowboy fans from my last blog.  I was only speaking the truth!  :-)  Just be thankful that this is their by week and I will not mention anything about them.  However, their next game is away in New England...best of luck!  FYI, Angela this was mainly for you!  Haha

Well I am going to wrap this up now, I will update tomorrow once we get home.  Happy Friday to everyone, OCharley's for lunch for SWLA peeps and it is never too early for a LSU shout out!

For all the gator fans, you do know what happens to gators in Louisiana, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment