Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Getting Into The Groove...

It has been so nice to be home and getting into the groove of work, school and family time.  How sweet it is.  On Sunday early evening, Steven was laying on me and Miller was snuggled up with David on the couch and I thought this is all I need.  Give me a shack and my family and I will be just fine.  It will be one of those moments that I will always think about as the "Aha" moment for me.  I will try not to get on my soap box but isn't sad that so many people always expect to have more and somehow feel entitled to more but really should be just thankful for what they have.  I watch TV and I see protesters who are mad with people who are making a healthy living for themselves.  Really???  So I should be mad at the doctor and nurses that have taken care of myself and my children because they chose to pursue a field that pays them more than others?  I am thankful for the career path that they chose, I am thankful for their sacrifices that they have made.  I am sure they do not get to spend near the time with their families as I get to spend with mine.  Thank you and send me the bill.  Well me and my insurance company!  I also do not understand so many people who are ill with a case of Monday thru Thursday Itis every week...if you do not know what I am talking about check out most Facebook status updates starting on Monday morning.  I am thankful for my job and I enjoy it.  Yes I am tired, trust me I am VERY tired!  Yes, I wish I could have longer weekends to spend with my family but I am providing for them, if not I would not be able to pay the bills.  It is a cycle and a need but it is also life.  If you cannot afford to stay home then stop complaining and if you can afford to stay home, then do just that.  Someone protesting could use the job!  :-)  I guess I got on the soapbox but it is so hard for me to see people who are wanting handouts and people who are not grateful.  I am so thankful for the cycle we call life and I am grateful for so much and I think that if most people stopped to take a true look around they would see they have no right to a pity party.  And yes, I feel like I can say just that...and I try my hardest not to have one.  I am thankful for everything God has blessed me with and I am thankful for everything that he has blessed others with. 

Now, if I still have anyone reading this...this evening was incredible.  We started with homework that is not too much fun but is necessary.  Oh, how I wish I could understand how all of these assignments are supposed to come together.  But right now, we will just keep on keeping on and maybe it will click together and it will make sense to me.  After homework we carved our first pumpkin of the season.  I love a good ol' classic face.  Something I can do freehand and fast...it is a school night after all.  Then to conclude our evening, I made him some bath paints with shaving cream and food coloring.  It was a hit.  He painted and made "patterns" all over the shower walls but he enjoyed washing it off just as much.  So he had fun and he cleaned up afterwards.  I think I call the new bath paints a HUGE success!!!! 

One last little thing, Steven had a doctor's appointment today with the pediatrician.  His blood pressure was in the high 90's which is high but not as high so I will continue to pray that it continues to come down.  I will bring him back in one day next week just so that we can keep an eye on it.   I am so thankful that she is letting me do that.  We are also going to get our flu shots their as a family.  This way Miller doesn't think that he is the only one who has to get one!!! 

Well, short sports wrap...Saints are still have a good record but they didn't look too good on Sunday.  The Rangers need to find some bats that will start making contact as tonight's game is not looking like it will go their way.


No comments:

Post a Comment