Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today's Test is of Patience...I FAIL!

If you live in the gulf coast you know what is like when a hurricane is churning out in the gulf and you are in the cone?  You wait and you wait...well that is what today has been like for me.  And I am still waiting!  I haven't heard back from the appointment desk for the hospital and I have left a message.  Some of the information I have read indicates that if your child is scheduled to have immunization shots you need to make sure it is ok to have them.  Well we have a shot appointment in the morning at 8:30.  I guess I will try to reach her again in the morning before we go.  Even if we didn't have shots in the morning I just want to have some information.  It is so difficult for me just to wait and still concentrate on work.  My brain is running 90 mph right now...how are we going to tell Miller that Steven is having surgery?  when should we tell him? how will he handle staying at his dad's for a longer period of time than normal?  who is going to feed the dog?  how bad will Steven look when he comes out of surgery?  how long will our stay really be?  how do you put a 2 month old in a car seat who has had open heart surgery? how do you pack for an indefinite stay?   where exactly is the hospital?  I could go on but you all might really start to get worried about me.  My mind is ALL over the place!  So what is another sleepless night, it will not be the first and I know that it will not be the last. 

Hopefully tomorrow we will have some real news to share!

1 comment: