Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Finally Some Good News!

First let me start off by saying, Thank You for all of your prayers!  I debated about going "public" with Steven's health concerns for a long time, did I want my friends to find out thru Facebook or a blog?  Did I want any negative comments about putting out his story in such a public forum?  Then I finally decided that I would start it because it would be good for me and would anyone really read it???  If a couple of people decided to read it and pray for him then a "few" more prayers were more than worth it.  Let me tell you, it has been more than worth it.  I am so grateful for the kind messages that have been sent, the friends asking for their friends to keep us in their prayers and nobody has yet to mention my poor writing skills and my errors!  What a wonderful experience!  But I do need to apologize if you are one of the people that had not heard about his heart and had to read about it, I am very sorry.  Please do not be mad at me!!!

Now on to the good news!!!  Today was Steven's dr appointment with the urologist.  David was able to come with us to Lafayette for the appointment and I am so thankful.  I do not know my way around Lafayette at all, except for the mall and shopping areas around it :-).  Anyway, this appointment was scheduled following the ultrasound he had a birth that showed one kidney was enlarged and some reflux.  Steven had a VCUG (an x-ray that tracks the urine) at  3 weeks and it showed everything looked good but his pediatrician still wanted us to go the urologist.  Due to some other concerns, Steven had another ultrasound done at 5 weeks and it too came back normal so I felt pretty confident going in today.  Who am I kidding, I was confident and at peace going in because of the hundreds of prayers!  Guess what, they worked.  The dr looked at his ultrasounds, VCUG and a quick examine, then turned to us and said he is all good.  The kidney is no longer enlarged and it was nice to meet us.  I waited to do the happy dance until we got out into the hallway, but rest assured I did it!  One thing that I have learned in all of this is that when you do not have to come back for a follow up, everything is really ALL good.  We were not asked to schedule a follow up!!!  We are so blessed and our prayers are being answered. 

A quick update on kindergarten, things are looking up.  Today is day 3 and Miller's only complaint is the food isn't good and wants to bring his lunch!  Must be bad if a sandwich is better.

Hope everyone has had a good Wednesday like us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise be to God. I'm so glad you decided to write about Steven. I did not know he was having any difficulties but I'm thankful you have reached out to family, friends and prayer warriors! You and your family will continue to be top of my prayer list everyday. Little Steven is in God's loving and healing hands.

    ReplyDelete