Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little News To Share

Yesterday, after I clicked "publish post" the nice lady from the appointment desk called.  She wanted to let me know that they were still trying to coordinate schedules.  Because our cardiologist wants the surgery to be done as soon as possible, TX Children's is trying to work it out for us to come and stay.  Now, we might get there and they decide that he can stay like he is for a little longer and we will just come back home.  I guess we are still in the "cone" (see previous post). We have canceled all other appointments including the immunizations shots that he was supposed to have this morning.  Just wait and see.  This afternoon she called to let me know that our appointment with a cardiologist is 8:40 Monday morning.  We will meet with Dr. Frazier at some point in the afternoon.  Yep, you read that right, Dr. Frazier so far I think we have our man, aka surgeon!  At that time we will know if surgery will be next week or not.  What a LONG weekend we have ahead of us.  Of course, it could also be a long week.  Back to that lesson in patience.  I want this over with, I want our sweet little mess to not be a mess anymore...but my emotions are still mixed. 

This evening we told Miller that we would be taking Steven to the doctor and that we might be staying so that he could have surgery.  He asked if it was on his heart, what a smart little man!  I explained that he would be staying at his dad's while we were gone and that we might not see him until next weekend.  I think I should be hurt by how ok he was with that, haha!  I hope that I can survive without him for 5 days, I have no doubt he will be just fine without me...just ask him!  I also wanted to let you know that Miller is starting to be like school, I am not sure that he would admit that but I can tell.  Of course he did ask me if he had to go to school in the fall?  Really?  He also told me that his "best buddy" gave him a "purple eye" today.  I left it alone...I wasn't sure what to say to that, but don't worry I do not think the eye is purple or black just a little red. :-)


Well I hope everyone has a good Friday and enjoy your weekend!  I will probably post an update on Sunday, just to calm my nerves.  But I will update on Monday as soon as I know what the doctors say.

PS. Never leave Miller alone with a camera!


2 comments:

  1. that is wonderful news! will keep praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, we are thrilled to hear the good news. We look forward to the posts you have been sending. You and your family are in our prayers each day.

    ReplyDelete