Sunday, August 21, 2011

Breathing Treatments, Quick Trip to the ER, and a Beautiful Baptism

What a strange weekend!  Miller came home with a cough and a wheeze on Friday.  I think the heat is the cause of it or at least I hope so.  He coughed all night long, I know this because he slept next to me on the couch.  Miller had decided it was Family Fun night, watch a movie and sleep in the living room.  I agreed and by 1am I knew it was a mistake.  He couldn't sleep and made it so I couldn't either.  I finally convinced him to take a "breathing treat" so that he would fall asleep.  It was only 6 in the morning!  Poor thing is feeling better but still has a small cough but at least it hasn't been ALL day.  David also woke up yesterday not feeling well.  He had a rash of red itchy bumps last week and was diagnosed with poison ivy.  He got a shot and prescription for antibiotics but on Saturday morning he woke up with more bumps and even his lip was swollen.  We decided to take a quick trip to the ER because it didn't look like any poison ivy we had ever seen before.  So two more shots and two more prescriptions and he is finally feeling better, still not sure what he got into but at least it doesn't look like it was a fight with someone's fist!  Our day ended with Steven's baptism.  It was a beautiful ceremony and we are so blessed that so many of our friends and family were able to attend.  Steven did so good!  He never made a sound and only smiled when the water was poured on his head.  He is one sweet little mess!

This week is another busy week for him.  Hopefully we will hear something about the referral to TX Children's. 
Hope everyone has a great week and for all of my Texas family and friends, I hope that the start of the new school year is a good one for your kids!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment