Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Little Ice Skating, Football and One Frustrating Loss!

What a wonderful weekend and what a frustrating BCS championship game.  So let me start with the fun part.  David and I promised Miller that we would take him ice skating at L'Auberge over Christmas holiday but we never got the chance until this weekend.  I have to say I was a little leery if he would really skate or would he say "I changed my mind" after we paid :-).  But he surprised me and was strapping on those skates before Apolo Ohno aka, David could put his on.  I had the best time watching Miller skate around the rink, gripping the wall with a big smile on his face and watching David think that he was in the middle of the Olympic trials.  Miller asked if we could do it again next year and I call that success.  Might even have to take a trip to the Galleria so he can hang on to that wall and skate some more. 

Of course we spent Saturday afternoon and evening watching a couple of football games...what great games and since both the Texans and the Saints walked away with wins I was able to sleep worry free.  On Sunday we were both pretty excited about the Broncos vs Steelers game and it did not disappoint.  I love the that Tim Tebow has created such "chatter" and I love that they won.  What a fun game to watch!!!!

But let me get to the game that was not fun to watch...it was ugly!  The best team won and congrats to Alabama.  I am pretty sure my blood pressure was in need of a little medication last night and maybe even now as I am reminded about how that game "didn't" play out.  Jefferson was a deer caught in headlights and McCarron was playing like a pro.  It was just NOT fun...but for all of you haters, I have to ask this...where was your team?  Unless your team is Alabama, hush it!  :-)

I just cannot let this end on such a sad note, so let me share some stats from Steven's 6 month check up.  Steven went from the 5th percentile in August to the 70th percentile in weight.  Woohoo!  I just love answered prayers!!!!  Next appointment for the Sweet Mess is on Monday and then a week later at TCH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment