Monday, January 2, 2012

Farewell 2011, Hello 2012!

Happy New Year!!!!  I cannot tell a lie, my emotions are mixed.  2011 gave us the sweetest baby boy we could ask for and some of the most difficult times to endure.  Part of me is so glad to see the year go and then another part knows that as I wish away time it will be 5 years from now before I know it.  I pray that 2012 is just a little more "light" and not as "heavy" as 2011.  I hope to continue the blog but on just regular everyday happenings and the occasional update on Steven's health but nothing more major than we adjusted his blood pressure medicine.  Which by the way, we are currently on a month break from Dr. K visits since the bp was "controlled" for two weeks in a row.  Woohoo!  It works out nicely since last week he had another RSV vaccination and tomorrow will bring his 4 month shots and his 6 month well check up.  I pray that everyone has a wonderful, happy and healthy 2012!

Our year started off we a couple of first time events that I am itching to share, mainly because I will likely forget them if I do not put them in print.  First off, yesterday when Miller got home we checked on his tooth...or should I say David checked on it.  Miller has been waiting for this tooth to come out, not sure who but someone told him about the Tooth Fairy, he really has been way too excited to have something pulled from his mouth just for some money!  Anyway, David told him to grab a paper towel and he would try and pull it... 
Hello Tooth Fairy!!!  He came in our room at 1:30 to tell us that tooth fairy came, he had his money rolled up in his hand and slept like that for the rest of the night.  He cracks us up!  I am so very thankful that it was a first that took place at our house.  :-)

Not to be out done, Steven had a first of his own.  I am very careful with the progress of a baby.  I do not want to rush milestones...when something happens for the first time, it must happen several more just to make sure it is not an accident.  Since he wasn't able to lie on his stomach for 6 weeks following surgery I expect things to take him longer than your "normal" baby but he has surprised me.  Yesterday he decided it was his day to stay sitting up.  We were playing with some of his Christmas prizes and I noticed that he would use his hands to support himself and using his back to also keep his balance.  But not until he did it several times did I really believe it and take a picture.  Don't get me wrong, he still has some Humpty Dumpty in him but for the most part, little man will stay sitting by himself. 
So I think that with 2 first on the first of day of a new year, we are off to a wonderful start!  Again, wishing you all a wonderful, healthy and happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment