Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And The Football Woes Continue...

Oh, what a ROUGH football weekend for our home.  It is still so hard to fathom, the Saints are out, the Texans are out and Tebow is out.  What are we to do?  Fast forward to a little baseball?  Let's face it, even baseball season is not what it used to be since the Astros are pretty much a minor league team.  But at least it is something and our expectations are low!!!!  :-)

Thankfully the weekend ended and Monday's doctor appointment arrived for Sweet Mess.  Guess who got a 2 month hall pass from the doctor?  Yep, that's right, Steven's next appointment with Dr. K is in March!  Cartwheels are being done in my mind because my body says, don't even think about it!  His blood pressure was 108 which although still a little higher than "normal" it is a comfortable level for him.  Don't get me wrong, we still go to TCH next week for the nephrologist and probably still continue there monthly but hey, one less appointment a month and we are happy campers.  Next month we will also go back to TCH for his 5 month post op check up.  At that time we will probably say goodbye to them and we will just see Dr. K for all of our cardiology check ups in the future.  As for when we will say goodbye to TCH for nephrology, probably not for a long time but it is great to scratch one off the list!! 

Another great thing is simply the way life in general is going.  Miller is doing great in school even though he at times gets extremely nervous and of course doesn't always want to go because it is boring.  However in a strange way, I love that it has been my focus recently.  It is supposed to be my concern.  How is Miller doing in school, that is a NORMAL mom concern.  I am far from normal but I believe that the majority of my friends can relate to the worries of kids and school.  It makes me happy that when someone ask how things are going, Miller is just as much part of the conversation as Steven.  Please understand that I do not mean that Miller was not a concern to us only Steven, it is just that right now I have more concerns for Miller than Steven and I am thankful for it!  For me it represents a normal life for us and I like it!  And on that note, bath time awaits for my normal kids so I am going to be a normal mom and get things started. 

Hope everyone has a happy hump day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment