Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Another Hall Pass!

So yes, I call not having to go to the doctor getting a hall pass.  We had the appointment at TCH with Dr. R the nephrologist and we will not be going back until April.  I am so thankful and excited to see such progress with Steven's blood pressure staying under control.  Nothing better than having your prayers answered!  On the way home I received an email that the bp machine has finally been shipped so now we can check it and keep a log so should it start to go up, we can make any adjustments that are needed. 

Being at TCH always brings on such strong feelings, good and bad.  Our baby was operated on and is now progressing so well because of it.  But it is also where I experienced such a helpless feeling.  As I walk the halls now, I see so many precious children that have such uphill battles compared to what we have gone through.  Again, I am thankful for Steven's successful surgery, but I cannot help but be sad for the journeys of others and for the parents that continue to put one foot in front of another as their only way to function.  While we stayed at the hospital I knew that we had the High Five of congenital heart disease and the "easy" of surgeries and the "highest" of success rates but for us it was so overwhelming.  But I know that compared to others, we are so fortunate and blessed!

Now on to the most recent of funny's...I am 37 years old.  YIKES!  I had the dreaded birthday this past weekend but what a great weekend it was.  David took me and the boys for a little afternoon outing on Saturday that included a wonderful late lunch and a some ice cream.  On Sunday the actual "DAY" we went over to mom and dad's and had lunch and cake.  Now for some reason, my mother does not know or want to accept how old her baby is because to my delight the candles displayed 35!  Yep, she is bringing me back to one of my favorite years of my life.  I was so tickled, I took a picture and I have shared it with the facebook world and as many friends as I can tell.  Mom, on the other hand is not a fan of the funny and would rather me not share it with everyone!  Too Bad!  :-)

One more thing, the best thing about having to go to TCH for appointments is the chance to visit with people.  Last night, I really enjoyed just hanging out with my dad and visiting...love the time with my dad!  Then this morning before the appointment, I got to finally see Sweet Shelby.  What a CUTIE!  She looks just like her daddy and it cracks me up because I have never seen any baby that looks that much like their dad.  And we all know that both of mine look nothing like me!  So happy to finally get to meet her and to visit with her mom, hopefully next time it will be a longer visit. 

Well, off to dispense some meds to a little Sweet Mess!  Have a Great Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. yay for answered prayers! That's so wonderful! I know exactly what you mean about being back at TCH. I have such heaviness in my heart whenever we are back there, looking at the parent's faces and seeing the stress and knowing exactly what they are feeling. I have a hard time not feeling guilty for being out of that place with an almost perfect heart and healthy daughter --- although I am thrilled of course that we are. One thing I've learned through this though is that you can't compare what you guys went through to what they are going through --- each family has their own burdens and triumphs. And even if someone told you that his heart defect was the "high five" -- it still was OPEN HEART surgery. Not something to sneeze at for sure. If nothing else, it gives us a wonderful opportunity to praise God for the great outcomes of our children and lay the other sick ones at His Feet and pray for their ultimate healing.

    ReplyDelete