Monday, January 30, 2012

Jump Rope For Heart!

Well you know that eventually we would be looking into some way to raise money for a "heart" organization and the time has come :-)  Actually, this comes from Miller and Jump Rope For Heart.  Funny thing is that "It's My Heart" is having a walk in Houston on Feb.18th and I have been on the fence about getting a team together and participating in it.  I really, really want to but it would put us out of town for several days due to some appointments that we have scheduled.  Then Miller comes home with JRFH info and said that he had been practicing his jump roping and I decided this was a better way to raise money at this time.  He was pretty excited to be able to piece it together: JRFH is for people to donate money, the money is for research for hearts, hearts like brother's that are "broken" and need help to be fixed.  Maybe we will do a walk in the future whether it is locally or in Houston but right now we have a jump roper that is willing to jump so if you could please help him reach his goal.  Here is the link to his page:

 http://honor.americanheart.org/site/TR/JumpforHeart/GSA-GreaterSoutheastAffiliate?px=3090425&pg=personal&fr_id=1682

I also wanted to give you a quick update on Steven.  Just when I thought we would be slowing down on appointments, I have to schedule another one.  On Friday I received word from TCH that his lab work showed that his hemoglobin is low.  I believe the nurse used the word "marginally" low when explaining it to me but Dr. R still wants us to see the pediatrician to follow up on it.  I am praying this is just a little iron deficiency and nothing to be concerned about.  I hope to get him in on Wednesday.  We also received the blood pressure machine, FINALLY.  So if you need to have yours checked, just come on by it is just like the hospital's.  So proud, ha!

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment