Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas, More Christmas & An Early Birthday!

We have had a wonderful weekend but I am just a little exhausted.  Ok, a LOT exhausted.  I love Christmas but as this year approached I felt overwhelmed and anxious because I was not prepared and was concerned about when we would find the time to finish our shopping.  Every year we say that we are going to take care of the shopping early but we always seem to be hitting the stores on Christmas Eve.  This year was no exception, it was not as bad this year though because I started the day with breakfast with my wonderful friend Raquel and then I got my "hair did".  Regardless, next year I hope will be the exception!  Anyway, eventually all gift shopping, wrapping and grocery shopping was done and the festivities began.  It was a wonderful weekend.  From Christmas Eve with David's family, which I snatched a beautiful bird feeder made by his uncle, to a great Christmas morning with Miller and Steven, late morning was celebrated with my family and then we were joined by David's family and friends for more fun.  It was a wonderful time.  Last night, I was on the computer with Steven asleep on me and Miller right next to me, it was the perfect ending to my day...Christmas is always special but this year was just a little more special. 

Today we went over to my parent's house to have lunch with everyone again and David's parents also came.  It was a great time to celebrate his birthday even if we are a day early.  Happy Birthday David!!!  There is so much I want to say about David but well, he might kill me if I do :-)  But here are a few things about him that I love:  he loves me unconditionally, has more compassion than anyone I know, loves two little boys in a way that melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes and he is a wonderful cook :-)  Again Happy Birthday David, we love you!!!! 

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and merry Christmas!  I plan on sharing some pictures this week of our weekend, I am just too lazy to go get the camera right now, at least I am honest...until then!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment