Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Inconclusive Test So On To The Next One

Well no news is good news?  Not so sure but at this point we are continuing to rule out things that could cause Steven's hypertension.  The results from last weeks pictures show that his kidneys are the same size and seem to function properly.  Which is good but still leaves us trying to find the source.  It could be genetic but generally the signs do not show this young.  So our next test will be on Thursday at TCH again..going for the 3rd week in a row.  I am a Texas Girl but going every week makes it hard to miss :-)  This next test will show if he has any narrowing in his vessels leading into his kidneys.  This is another CT angiography (he had one prior to his VSD and ASD closure) that will also show if he has any vessels branch off differently.  Since his pulmonary vein was narrow and his aorta branches off differently that normal, no telling what we will find.  After all he is our Sweet Mess for a reason.  Now, as for what happens if one is narrow or branches off differently...I have no clue! I am thinking that if there is narrowing it will be opened during an angiogram, which is the test that they initially considered but they all believe that he is still too young for that.  We went yesterday to Dr. K for his blood pressure to be checked and sure enough 110 the first time and 112 the next, so we have increased the dose for one of them and we return next week.  We were also told that if there is not a specific cause, that it is a real possibility that he will be on medication forever.  Not exactly what I want to hear but as I have said before, I do not mind the medication if it is doing the job.  Only time will tell and test after test after test....

Now on to something fun, Bryan has not been very good.  This Elf is nothing but trouble from eating cupcakes in the fridge, playing with little cars all over the living room, to emptying the toothpaste in the bathroom sink.  I have never enjoyed something so much.  Miller has the most wonderful laugh and every morning, I get to hear it.  I think I am going to be so sad after Christmas when Bryan goes back to North Pole.  I wonder what else I can hide for Miller after Christmas??? 

So have you heard who is playing in the BCS Championship Game???  In case you haven't...LSU, oh and another school Alabama.  We stayed home and watched the SEC Championship game, just us...which never happens.  Alone or not, I am pretty positive that David could be heard through out our neighborhood yelling during the first half of the game.  I am pretty sure I could be heard cheering during the second half.  David gets mad when they do not play well but I am the always positive one.  I was starting to get a little nervous though.  I am not real sure how I feel about the repeat of the game of the century but as long as LSU beats Bama twice then I do not really care.  GEAUX TIGERS!

Someone was ready to play!!!  FYI, I do have shirts for him but he spit up on all of his LSU shirts so shirtless was the last option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment