Friday, December 9, 2011

Someone is having a baby....

and it is not me!  Today Shelby Layne is the fourth and final baby of the year being born on David's side of the family. Did I mention that she will also be the only girl out of the 4?  I am so excited and I cannot wait to meet her.  Her dad and David are cousins, their other cousin and his wife had a little boy in April and of course Brandt, our nephew was born in March so our family gatherings just got a whole lot more chaotic!  Praying that everything goes well and that both Shelby and her sweet mom will do great.

Now on to Sweet Mess, he has hypertension and it is not a result of any damage to his kidneys.  That is from the test yesterday.  Now that leaves me a little frustrated, not because I want something else to be wrong but because I think in a cause and effect way.  But there is no known cause at this time.  So we will just continue to monitor his medication and blood pressure so that he is comfortable.  Maybe one day it will be improved, however I do not really get that impression.  Our insurance will only pay $4 a month for a machine, which is not a deal for distributors or we can purchase a refurbished one.  We will be hosting blood pressure testing parties soon!  We have decided at the recommendation of the doctor to purchase one.  We will need to check it daily and I cannot see myself taking him somewhere every day for it.  Weekly visits are ok but not for the time frame we are talking about.  If this was a need for a couple of months then yes I could see myself taking him in everyday but since we are expecting more of a long term issue it is easier to use the machine at home to monitor it.  Any growth spurt will most likely cause the need for his medicine to be adjusted and we have plenty of spurts coming ahead.  So just call me Nurse Melanie!  haha 

Well I hope that everyone has a great weekend.  We plan on checking out some Christmas lights and enjoying some good ol Family Fun!  I am not sure David will know how to act on a Saturday without college football but we have some other things planned to keep his mind off of it, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment