Friday, December 2, 2011

Update...If Only We Had One

Well I was hoping that this week I would have some news but still nothing to share on Steven's blood pressure.  But all I have is that it is still high and we are still not sure why.  We have not been sent a bp machine because of insurance balking on it so we are still going to Dr. K weekly for them to check it.  On Monday it was 110 so we increased the dose for one of his medications.  The test was set up for Dec. 12th but Dr. K called Dr. R (Renal Center doctor) and on Tuesday morning I got called saying the test was moved up to tomorrow, as in Wednesday.   So David and I left Tuesday evening for Houston and were there bright and early in the Nuclear Radiology waiting area.  He was given his "dye" and two hours later he smiled and "talked" while they took his "pictures" but I haven't heard the results yet.  Praying that we hear something today or it will be a long weekend.  We will go back on Monday to Dr. K and have his bp checked again and we will see if the increase is helping.

Now, more for me to remember I want to write a little about our Thanksgiving holiday and Bryan the Elf.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, it included 4 of our favorites: Family, Friends, Food, and Football!  Since we live not far from my family we go there in the morning and have lunch with them and then in the evening have dinner with David's side.  So we get LOTS of FOOD!  On Friday, we had our first of hopefully many "Friendsgiving"  Miller was with his dad and my parents kept Steven so we were kid free!!!!  David had to work so I was kid and husband free and since there was a LSU game on I went over to my friend's house to visit and watch the game until David got off.  Then we went to his friend's house to watch the end of the game and visit.  It was my favorite day of the entire weekend.  We rarely have the chance to do whatever and not be on some sort of time constraint.  It was wonderful!!!! 

While I was enjoying my free time I picked up, what I thought would be "Ricky the Elf" but I was wrong. You see, last year Miller got the Elf on a Shelf over at his dad's house.  He comes home one weekend talking about Ricky, which left David and I asking, who is Ricky?  Miller explains my elf!  This left us laughing because why would Miller name his elf Ricky???  I thought most kids made up a name for their elf, not use a name of someone they know...because for those of you that do not know, David has an uncle named Ricky!  Well this year I decided maybe Ricky should come see us so I asked Lara what color hair and eyes Ricky had so that I made sure to get the right one.  Last Saturday morning, "Ricky" was waiting for Miller when he woke up.  But guess what, it wasn't Ricky because his hair was too dark...so as I am fumbling with what to do next Miller, all excited says "I need to give him his own name, I think I should name him Bryan!"  Really, Bryan?  And again David and I are left trying so hard to keep a straight face because why, Bryan....because for those of you that do not know, David also has an uncle named Bryan!  The Elf is for him to have fun with so we are thrilled to have Bryan come and visit us everyday.  I know that having Bryan here is creating some of the best memories for us to have of Miller at this age and the fact that his name is Bryan is just icing on the cake for our sense of humor!!

Well I need to got wake up Miller to find Bryan so off I go...wishing everyone a great weekend and of course....GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment