Thursday, November 3, 2011

Team Turkey!

So today I noticed a cartoon picture on several facebook pages that has a Santa and a Turkey.  Turkey is letting Santa have it for invading his month.  With all that my family has experienced this year, I am with Turkey!  I cannot remember any other year that Thanksgiving has meant so much.  I have said this in previous post but I am so extremely thankful.  I know that many of you are doing the status updates on FB with something that you are thankful for and I love reading them.  Some are sweet, sincere and some are silly that provide a laugh but I wonder how come we do not express how THANKFUL we are through out the year.  Why is it only in November and always stops on the 4th Thursday?  I have so much to be thankful for that November cannot hold it all so I might just have a pumpkin, a turkey or a cornucopia on display year round.  I have always been a Santa girl, just ask my parents, but I am officially a member of Team Turkey from this point forward.  I still love me some Santa but Turkey is my holiday of choice this year.  Please know that I am expressing my opinions of the commercial aspect of the holidays.  I am very aware that without the birth of Jesus none of us would have anything to be thankful for.  And in case any of you are wondering about things I am thankful for, well here are just a few:  for answered prayers, for the creator who answers them, for the husband that I have always said "if I have to go through tough times I want to go through them with him" and that opinion has not changed, for the two wonderful boys that I get to call my sons, for the family that I was born to and the family I married into, for the best friends that are ALWAYS there for me, day or night, rain or shine, for the employers that have been so kind to me during some difficult times, for the total strangers that have prayed for my son and family, for the doctors who chose a career in healing and for the fact that they paid attention in class :-)...oh how my list can just go on and on but my fingers would surely fall off.  I pray that your list is too long for November as well. 

Geaux Team Turkey!!!

Of course you know where this is going now...I will also be so thankful for a Tigers win on Saturday!  I cannot wait for kickoff, is it Saturday yet? 

Geaux Tigers!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment