Thursday, November 10, 2011

Long Overdue!

I cannot believe how long it has been since I last posted.  First off, Steven did not like getting his shots last week.  All I could think of, as he was holding his breath and turning blue, please don't hate me and hold this against me!  I am telling you, he can send me packing for a guilt trip with just his eyes.  Luckily he was fine that evening and the rest of the weekend was uneventful. 

Oh wait, did I say uneventful....ha!  I cannot wait for the end to mention the "game of the century" or should I say the "game of the kickers"  I am so glad our kicker is better than theirs!  haha  I am sure for most of you it was not a very exciting game and I might even agree with you but in the end it was yet another win for LSU and that is what matters.  Oh and the McNeese Cowboys got a win and so did the Saints...overall great weekend of sports for me! 

On Monday, we took Steven to Dr. K to have his bp checked.  Of course it was still high.  Not high, high just his high!  So we have increased the amount per dose of the newest medication.  Now again, I want to make sure that I am never nominated for the Mother of the Year award and as proof, I gave Sweet Mess his medication at the wrong time early Tuesday morning.  Only 4 hours early, oops...so I called the office and they told me to bring him by just to have him checked out.  He was just fine, in fact his bp was perfect!  First time since surgery that his bp was 90/60...however even though it was perfect it was too soon and I pray I do not screw it up again.  I know many of you are probably wondering how I could give him the medication at the wrong time.  All I have is that I am kinda running on fumes these days and it was early in the morning and I just messed up.  I felt horrible and cried because I was so mad at myself.  I am just thankful that he was fine and again I pray that it never happens again.  But one way for me not to mess up again is to get this resolved and maybe off some of the meds, so yesterday morning I was calling TCH regarding the appointment for the Renal Center.  I had submitted everything last week and I still had not heard from them. Well I finally spoke to a scheduler and she was very surprised to hear of a baby with hypertension so she put us in on the 22nd!!!  I will be honest, it is not exactly the most convenient of times but I am so happy that it is so soon and not in February, which was the next option.  In the meantime we will still go to Dr. K's office for his bp to be monitored.  I pray that this will all be over soon and that I can have alarms set on my phone for normal reasons like waking up instead of for medicine!

Well I hope that everyone has a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.  Happy Veteran's Day to all of the courageous men and women that have served and those that are currently serving in our military, thank you for your many sacrifices!  To the families of those said men and women, thank you for your sacrifices as well!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment