Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our Boys Are Getting Big!

You know we have had a busy week when I only blog once...I really like to blog but it requires time and that is not something that I have a lot of.  We are still working on a smooth routine around here and I think that we might have finally found it.  Of course, things start going smooth just in time for Miller's Thanksgiving break, I hope that we can pick it back up in a week.  Miller had his first field trip this week and he was one excited boy.  They went to a farm in Dry Creek that has animals to feed, a corn maze and a pyramid made of old tractor tires.  I am kind of jealous because I am pretty sure I would have enjoyed it, I know that he did!  But regardless of how much fun he had, he is even more excited to be out of school for the week, ha!  I wish I could take off this week and stay home with him but we are swamped at work and I feel pretty bad about being off on Tuesday.  I guess it just gives me one more thing to be thankful for!!!
 

Today marks two months since surgery.  David and I are wondering where the time has gone.  It seems like it was just yesterday but on the other hand it seems like a lifetime ago.  Sweet Mess is doing so great when it comes to eating and sleeping.  He has started to really pack on the pounds and is loving some baby food and sleeps most nights until 5 am.  The only sign of his surgery is the visible sign of his scar.  When we left TCH they told us that Steven might have to stay on medication for some time post surgery but I do not think that it was expected to be two months with no end in sight.  I know that as you read this, it sounds as though I am complaining but it is not a complaint as much of a concern.  If he has to be on bp medicine for the rest of his life that is fine by me, if it works!  However, I will say that I am complaining about it being two different medicines.  Can we please just give him one?  I messed it up again last night.  So through tears of frustration I told David that I am not responsible for his medicine any longer because I am doing a horrible job!  Yes, I am the one who gave him his medicine all day today, since David was working...but it felt nice to say it last night.  We will see who gives it to him tonight at 10 :-)


Well I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend.  I hope that if you are like Miller and have the week off that you enjoy every minute of it.  We will be going back to TCH on Tuesday and plan on coming home with answers or at least that is my prayer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment