Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Always Something But Praying It Is Nothing

I haven't written about Steven's bp in awhile so I thought I would give a quick update.  We were increasing his dose there for awhile to get the bp regulated and I think we have found the right dose.  Of course, last week we paid a visit to Texas Children's for an appointment with Dr. Riley.  Because he is doing so good we are going to change one of his medications to a new one.  We are pretty pumped, this is another 12 hour medication which means bye bye to every 8 hours!  Woohoo!  He will still be on two different kinds of medication to maintain his blood pressure but they will both be given in the morning and evening.  This makes us very happy.  We are also looking into daycare.  Not sure how he will handle that change and I am not sure how grandma will handle it either.  We are so thankful that she has been able to keep him for this first year, it has kept him away from the cooties and it has allowed us such peace knowing she is the one giving him the medication during the day.  We are not sure when he will start daycare.  I was surprised (shouldn't be) that there is a wait list for the one we wanted, if anyone can pull strings at MFB Daycare please do, we haven't really talked about other ones.  That will be a conversation perfect for tonight. 

But of course just when things start to go smoothly with his health, I received a call from Dr. R's nurse and it seems that his lab results showed his liver enzymes to be high.  There is a huge possibility this is a false reading and so that is what I am believing.  Steven is already scheduled for some more lab work this week, to make sure the new medication is going well, so in a two weeks we will have more lab work to retest and see how the liver enzymes at that time.  Again I am sure it is nothing but I am still mom and I still worry a little.

Oh and one other thing, I can finally say that he is walking.  He has been walking for awhile but he was still much faster at crawling so it always won out.  He is all about the speed but this weekend he decided slow was ok if he was standing tall.  Right at 13 months old, just like his big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment