Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Day of Daycare!

***POST IS A DAY OLD**** 

Guess who started daycare today?  Yep, Sweet Mess!  Guess who was excited about Steven starting daycare?  Miller!  I find it funny how obsessed he has been with when Steven will be starting school.  Of course, I find it funny about how Miller obsesses in general.  For months he has asked when Steven will be starting school.  Day after day.  Morning after morning!  So it should come as no surprise that our morning started with Miller giving Steven the lowdown on daycare...telling him not to worry, that it was going to be ok and that everyone will be nice to him.  Miller explained to Steven that this was his first school too so he was in the know.  He also kept asking me if Steven was going to be sad and cry.  Oh, he also suggested that we send Cynthia flowers.  I am still not sure if this is because of the good care that Cynthia has given Steven or because she will be sad without him and the flowers will cheer her up.  Either way it was cute and I love the way Miller's mind works.  Always thinking about the "domino" effect....

Any-hoo, we are all excited for Steven but we are all a little apprehensive as well.  I know / We know this will be a good change but with this comes some concern.  It is so strange that with Miller there was no choice and no reason for him not to be in daycare but this is so DIFFERENT!  I will say that he must have had an ok day because he was passed smooth out on the floor when I got home.  However David was a little disappointed that Steven didn't take off running to him when he went to pick him up.  Miller always ran to David, but Miller rarely ran to me so I secretly think it is funny.  I hope that Steven will enjoy it and I hope the cooties stay somewhere else, I do not want to regret the look I gave his pediatrician when she suggested the RSV vaccination again for this year. (yes we will get them if she feels they are necessary but ugh...!)  Also, we have a cardiology appointment this week and we praying for a short, sweet and no big deal visit.  I also hope that maybe they can explain Steven's red sole feet.  We shall see :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment