Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nothing Says Romance Like Small Claims Court and Chuck E Cheese

Well the long awaited court date arrived and it was on Valentine's Day of all days.  It was an adventure in itself, maybe more of a circus.  Have you ever been to small claims court?  What an experience!  Prior to our tree case being heard the judge dealt with some criminal matters first.  Wow, how many tickets can one person get?  It was like I was being introduced to a whole other world!  Of course, our case was also a little bit on the bizarre side.  Our friendly neighbor, put on a show like you only see by Helen Mirren.  We are talking Oscar worthy!  Then to add to the performance her son was the director of the show and he is nothing but STRANGE.  The reality is our attorney probably thought along these lines "I have a case and it is small claims, the joys!"  while Strange son was plotting and preparing for 3 months to be attorney for the day.  In the end, we lost and she lost.  She was originally offered $750, that she turned down and in the end was awarded $980 instead of the $2050 that she was hoping for.  I am just glad it is over with and behind us.  However, the irony in my life is just a little much...guess what I received in the mail yesterday?  Jury Summons! 

After our time in court, sworn in and all, we took the boys to Chuck E Cheese.  I think this was our 3rd year to take Miller on Valentine's Day.  I know most people think we are crazy but it is a great way for us to celebrate.  We LOVE our Chuck E Cheese Valentine Dinners!   Of course the day started off even better.  Since David had to take the day off because of court he took Miller to breakfast and to school.  As they left all I could think was how full my heart was.  Here David had a rare day off and instead of attempting to sleep in, he was taking Miller to Mickey D's and to school.  Yep, there goes my heart!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment