Thursday, February 16, 2012

No "Viewing" Allowed...Really???

I was so excited about Miller participating in Jump Rope For Heart.  I was so proud of him for "catching on" to what it means for Steven and other kids like him, it is personal!!!  He was excited that I was going to come watch him jump rope.  But that didn't happen.  Sorry No Viewing Allowed!  That is what the overly perky lady at the front office told me when I got to the school.  To say that I am still just a little miffed is an understatement.  Long story is that I sometimes feel at a disadvantage at this school and Friday proved that to be true.  After Overly Perky Lady (OPL) told me that, I went home to eat and then went back to the school to check Miller out early.  Funny, while I waited in line the mom in front of me said that she wasn't there to check him (assuming she is referring to her son) out but to go watch him jump rope and she was happily passed a visitor's name tag to complete and off she went.  While I watched with daggers shooting out of my eyes at the OPL, I was quickly told that the other mom was on the list of approved volunteers and that is why she was allowed to watch.  I must say, nothing like having my intelligence insulted on the spot. 
  • If other mom was on a list, her name tag would have been completed in advance.
  • I heard what other mom said...no I am not checking him out, I want to go WATCH him jump rope, NO MENTION OF VOLUNTEERING, HELPING, or WORKING, just WATCHING!
Sad thing is, that as I waited another parent came in to check out her children but OPL was too busy visiting with someone to pay any attention to the parent so she went to the other side and checked out her oldest child, then returned to the elementary side.  When her oldest child came out she said something along the lines of: I had to check you out first because she was too busy chit chatting about how to become a substitute and if you make them mad you end up on the bad list.  I thought well my name will be in front of yours. 

But I have to say the day was not a total loss.  I was not planning on checking Miller out so when he came walking out of those doors he was a little excited.  First question, why didn't you come watch me?  Second question, why are you checking me out?  His summarized version of my answers, I wanted you to come see me but getting checked out is much better.  So take that OPL, you didn't ruin my day after all.  Yes, still just a little miffed!  :-)

I do have a couple of pictures of him with his JRFH sticker!

No comments:

Post a Comment