Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

I am determined to write and finish a post.  Let me start by saying that I am floored that the holiday season has come to an end, but for my husband this only means one thing...Hello crawfish season!  Anyway when thinking about 2012, nothing major comes to mind.  It has been a great year full of life's everyday blessings and worries.  I look forward to the new year and to watching my boys grow.  I would love to freeze time but since that is not an option, I hope to sit back and enjoy the show.  I can say that I am not always in the present to just sit and watch.  I am horrible about checking my phone, making mental list for work, or just being distracted by everything around me.  How I wish I was that mom with all the energy, the one who has a spotless house, works 40+ hours a week, has dinner cooked for every meal, handles homework with ease, plays board games and reads to her children nightly, all while looking as if she just left the salon and makeup chair! But that is not the mom that I am & I never will be...I am okay with that!!!  Now, please do not ask my kids or David if they are okay with that.. I imagine they wouldn't mind seeing Super Mom :-)!!!  But one thing I can do is make a real honest effort to sit down and watch them grow.  That above anything else is my goal for the new year.  Yes I have plenty of other goals but the reality is that the years are going by faster and faster and I will never get this time back.  So here is to 2013, I look forward to many games of Yahtzee, stubbornness during homework, holding a sleepy toddler, interpreting the toddler talk because those are the moments that will be gone too soon!  Happy New Year!  Maybe I will even start to blog more, okay I shouldn't be getting ahead of myself!

Wishing everyone health and happiness in 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment